ADRSupport Community

ADRSupport Community (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php)
-   International Assistance (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Just came back from Germany (https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11922)

Claudia K. 01-29-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwhof (Post 97358)
Yes, I did go for PT and massage. I went twice a week for 2 months, and now I'm down to once a week massage, and PT every 2 weeks. I am feeling very good recently, hardly any pain at all anymore.

Wow, three level ADR, sounds like you had a very good outcome.

Rev. Zen 02-05-2013 07:09 PM

Hi Claudia, I am very happy for you and your outcome. I am still trying to figure my own situation and I had a question for you.

In terms of paying for the surgery, were you able to use insurance in any way or did you simply have to pay for the surgery out of your own pocket?

Claudia K. 02-07-2013 04:25 PM

Hi Rev. Zen,
It's quite a process. I did pay out of pocket. In my case BCBS would not pay for anything not even a fusion (denied appeals too). Hope you find a possible solution soon.
Claudia

TPatti 02-07-2013 04:40 PM

What grounds did they deny fusion? BCBS just approved fusion for me, but I do not want or I want a disc at compromised adjacent levels.

johnwhof 02-07-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudia K. (Post 97362)
Wow, three level ADR, sounds like you had a very good outcome.

Hi Claudia, sorry it took so long to reply. My outcome is awesome, so far. I only wish everyone would have similar success.

TPatti 02-07-2013 11:06 PM

Johnwhof,
What shape were your discs relevant to lost height? Opinion differences that I am stating to get range from 3 level adr to 2 level fusion w/ adr because of fear of too much distraction based on my low disc height and the assumption that my body has been that way for a long time.

johnwhof 02-07-2013 11:23 PM

I gained about one inch in height, I was told that there would be some healing pain as a result, but it was very minimal.

Claudia K. 02-07-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPatti (Post 97473)
What grounds did they deny fusion? BCBS just approved fusion for me, but I do not want or I want a disc at compromised adjacent levels.

Hi TPatti,
I was denied under MillimanGuidelines ORG W0072 stating that DDD is not an approved condition for lumbar fusion procedure.."does not meet the medical necessity criteria."
It was the end of the year and I met my deductible. My guess is that they wanted to wait it out, maybe until the new year. I just couldn't wait any longer. Best of luck to you,
Claudia

johnwhof 02-07-2013 11:35 PM

I hope this answers your question. I'm not quite sure what you are saying. I was told that I had made a good choice in getting the procedure done when I did because all 3 discs were completely done.

Claudia K. 02-07-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwhof (Post 97480)
I gained about one inch in height, I was told that there would be some healing pain as a result, but it was very minimal.

Hi johnwhof,
Me too:laugh: I'm an inch taller! Still having, what I think, is "deconditioned" muscles around my operated area. Hope to resolve this with PT. Getting in and out of the car is not a problem anymore.
Claudia