View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 03:57 AM

ADR x 2,

Keep doing your homework. I think there are many US surgeons who are excellent.
I think the major difference in ADR and fusion is the risk of adjacent disc disease.
I now have two ProDiscs in my back, which as far as I know out to five years and almost two, that are acting fine. Now, I have a double cervical fusion and I really didn't have the choice of an ADR because of the degeneration of both C5/6 and C6/7.
Same surgeon, all three surgeries. I would say No. 1 priority is the surgeon. My surgeon is very well known, his office is not like an assembly line and he does both ADR and fusion. I have an appointment with him in three weeks or so and his nurse said to me if I had any questions or concerns to call them immediately. And when I call, I usually hear back the same day or next.
I think No. 2 is the device. Yes, the US is hampered because the M6 won't be FDA approved for probably a long time. Who knows how long it will take but going on usual protocol, I would say 2-5 years. I would have to look up where they are in terms of their application for FDA approval.
Get multiple opinions; it may seem confusing but I believe that is the only way you can figure out what is best for you in your particular situation.

Happy hunting...
Kimmers