View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:53 PM

Kimmers,

Thank you for the advice. I agree to a point; I think the surgeon of course matters a lot, and maybe if I was 20 years older I would be far less concerned about the disc, but I think the spine is a very specific set of joints and replacing a natural disc with a ball and socket joint to me right now is a worse option than just accepting it. I think it may take awhile but eventually the unrestricted motion in a disc like the prodisc is likely to do damage to my facet joints at the very least. The Freedom Disc is the only disc I look at and have a lot of faith in, though it concerns me that I haven't read many people who have it or who have went to Dr. Rischke. That being said, he consulted with me directly via email, has good reviews and does research as well so I imagine he is a good surgeon. In the end, its risk versus reward, and I think that is the only risk I feel comfortable taking.

I have gotten opinions from 2 surgeons in the US, Dr. Rischke and Dr. Ritter-Lang. They're combined opinions filled the spectrum of possible options haha.

Gene,
I will probably take you up on a PM tomorrow! I'm going to discuss my options with a lender tomorrow. I think I can make a strong case with this information.
Kept lifting weights heavily, running daily until December when woke up with radiculopathy in right arm and constant back/neck pain.
Tried PT around March/April. No effect.
Currently consulting surgeons and trying to figure out money.