View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 AM

Laura,

I'm doing everything I want to except for surfing. I am sure the neck would hold up, but I am not sure if I have the confidence, i'm not sure that I am fit enough after 3+ years of weight gain and loss of muscle strength. I am in Pilates 2 -3 days a wk, paddleboarding as often as possible, walking 7 days a week and slowing beginning to jog/run - running is not my fav exercise! LoL. I am going to start back kick-boxing in the fall. So YES! I can do anything I want! The only thing that bothers me is too much work in front of a computer, but it's strictly achiness in the shoulders. NO NECK PSIN!

Like you, I had forgotten what it felt like to fell good! Everyone is amazed at how quickly I recovered and began living again! My doctor here had talked about disability!!! Which was a terrifying thought for me - prior to accident I had always been active.
My husband and I were very impressed with the compassionate care and the confidence Dr. Clavel portrays - it made us both more comfortable in the situation of being away from "home" for medical care. Not sure why Dr. Clavel or someone has not responded -- Yolanda is getting married so that may be one reason. I know most in Europe consider August the time for summer holiday...
I have been corresponding with Yolanda, planning our return trip & one year evaluation, but am unsure of her wedding date but know it is prior to Oct. 1. Maybe you should send a second message?
2 level M6 ADR, Dr. Clavel - Oct. 2012
Insurance paid
Not a day goes by that without me whispering a silent "thank you" to Dr. Clavel
Post Op 2+ years
Cross Fit 3-5 times a week
Running 5ks