View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 02:36 PM

Good decision! Being blindsided like that is awful though. Sorry you had to go through that terrible experience.

Bertagnoli uses only Pro Disc so you should count him out IMO. There are many reasons to go with the Mobi-C or M6-C over it. It is not self restraining, has a higher post surgery HO rate and large keel footprint. I've talked a lot about the discs and surgeons in my two threads as I figured out my surgery plans. In my analysis, I found a lot of cervical patients in the US still in pain and having revision surgery to fusion with that disc. I never considered it an option because I believe we have better choices now and I wanted better odds in my favor.

In the US I personally think Dr. Blumenthal at TBI is your best choice. I needed to go with a titanium device because of metal sensitivities so staying in the US was not an option for me. Again, I posted about all this in my threads.

I just had surgery three weeks ago and after long consideration and sending my package to doctors Zeegers, Clavel, Bierstedt, Pettine, Blumenthal and several in my state, I chose Dr. Clavel. He has the highest success rate of all the surgeons based on our limited population in the post surgery forum and my analysis of the data. Do your own research and talk to the surgeons in person or over Skype. The surgeon's ability to perfectly place the disc is as important as the type of disc and some argue even more important. I've seen X-rays of the M6-C badly positioned and a terrible surgical outcome reported by the patient. As Harrison said, you need to be ready for surgery and I had to get to a place of truly trusting my surgeon which I did. Of course I was nervous but, I expected a great outcome and so far I've had one. I had three cervical discs replaced by Dr. Clavel (a surgery I could not have had done in the U.S.) after having four what were considered minimally invasive neck surgeries between 2007 - 2010 trying to avoid fusion. Unfortunately, the prior surgeries caused an even quicker degeneration of my spine. X-ray pictures both pre and post surgery are in my post surgery thread. Best of luck to you!
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016