View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

LAC,

I could take your hand right now and walk down that path with you and know exactly what to expect. I too had much angst, frustration, anger , fear and concern when it came to not only my job but my career.

My time frame did not go along with what was allowed by law and the federal family leave act. I was separated from my employer 4 months into this journey I've been on and I currently live on my long term disability and COBRA insurance.

Have you applied for social security disability yet ? Even if you don't need it, it's a good thing to get the paperwork started. And it can always be canceled.

Very real concerns and you have every right to be focused on them. However it's your body that is going to tell you when you can return to work. Even if your doctor was to sign a release today do you "feel" like you could go back and be productive ? That was the stopper for me, I'm a focused individual and loved my job, but I knew I could not go back and work, be productive with the sort of pain I am in.

And it's no ones fault, it's just my back/neck issues. Unfortunately.

You said your employer was allowing you to do some work from home. Is there any way for that agreement to be official and extended ?
Severe Vitamin D Deficiency
Spinal Fusion C5-C6, C6-C7 - May 2007
Multiple epidurals, L 3/4/5 & S1
L 3,4,5 & S1 herniated/bulging disks-under control for now.