View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 11:54 AM

Hi CindyLou

I just wanted to chime in that I share your frustrations. I don't post much anymore as I had my ADR surgery in 2003 and have since recovered. However, I am now finding myself struggling with hip issues and wondering how much of it may be residual pain from my pack surgery. I also had labral tears in both hips and in 2006 and then again in 2007 I had bi-lateral arthoscopic hip surgery for femeroacetabular impingment and labral tears. I am currently recovering from that, but still having problems. I have bi-lateral burning foot pain that does not seem to be lessening. My hip docs says that is not a typical pain pattern for hip pathology.Hip doc thinks it is the back. My back docs says my back is fine. My
foot doc (yes, I have foot issues too), also thinks it is my back. I am going back to my back doc this week to see what he thinks. However, I already know from past experience that his attitude is that he did the surgery, it was a success, he has no idea what the pain is about. Within 10 minutes he will have his hand on the doorknob and turn his back and walk out while I am still talking. I would go to another back doc, but he is the top ADR surgeon in my area, if I went to someone else without ADR experience, they would not know wha to do with me. There are top ADR docs I could go do if I am willing to fly to them (which I am) but they dont take my insurance. So the saga continues and I am getting tired of it all. Half the person I used to be. So, CindyLou, you are not alone. I would be happy to share the name of my hip doc if you like. He is one of the top hip arthoscopy docs in the nation. People come from all over to see him. I wish you luck and sucess.

Laurel