View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 07:21 PM

Ginny, the story of your daughter made my eyes burn!!

My surgery was Oct.15 and on Oct.19 my son was in a car accident. His birthday is Oct.20, in which he turned 16 in the ICU in Children's Hospital. He cracked his skull and had to have pins inserted throughout his right leg down and into the foot. (He 'was' a football player.) I am a single parent and was planning on him helping me with his brother 9, and sister 8. He told me a story of his little 9 year old brother standing in the kitchen making soup for him, that brought himself to tears.

I know children who have experiences like ours, grow to be extraordinary people!!

I will look into Yoga classes in my area.

Did you receive your back brace from your doctor to get the right size or ?
With your Sciatica, even when you feel no discomfort, can you push on a certain area in your back or leg and trigger or feel that nerve pain? I can, only on the rt side though, and am just wondering if this will always be the case.

How long did your husband have that frozen feeling before they gave him the Mobic?

I am concerned about being on all these meds for these long periods of time, not knowing what side effects they could be causing. I bought some potassium pills to take daily, but have not felt a difference. I hate tomato juice, but would drink it religously if it stopped the cramps and pain!!

After my surgery, I contracted pseudonomis and later on MRSA,(as well as a fungus infection) I don't know how I actually got these two diseases, but I have been on more medications and iv's in the last year than anyone in a lifetime should be. I will ask about a complete metabolic profile!!

I had a pt eval a year back I believe, I will have to look back at those documents. I haven't had a single other test done other than an MRI after my surgery.

Is there a difference between a laminectomy and a disectomy? I have seen it in many different terms in my reports.

I am striving to keep my chin up, and it really does help hearing and sharing other people's stories and having other people that know what you have experienced and are experiencing!!

~Commit Random Acts Of Kindness~

Rhonda