View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 09:02 PM

Terry: I assure you we always leave the BWCA cleaner than when we found it, we don't harass the loons, we don't even harass the fish! People look funny at us when they see no fishing apparatus....only 30lb of camera gear. Which I always carry since I'm the one who insists on bringing it! We live in northern CO, about 60 miles north of Denver in Loveland. Yep, it's a fabulous place. Not that we're actually from here.....

Kimmers: Thanks for the viewpoint of a nurse....I've actually only heard directly from 2 docs, both surgeons, one of which performed the hemilaminotomy and who I am NOT going back to. All he wanted to talk about was fusion when, for the second or third time, I told him that the pain was the same. All without benefit of more than 15 seconds worth of exam, BEFORE surgery. If I tried to do that in my practice on dogs and cats, I'd not only get nowhere, but I'd be crucified by owners and fellow veterinarians! The second doc is the one who brought up disc arthroplasty and even stated, when I asked him, that he would elect the same procedure if it was his back. I'm just looking to see if there are any good reasons NOT to go ahead with it. "Due diligence" as the saying goes, though I suppose it is used more frequently in business and finance. I have found some good info, just haven't had a chance to really read it all yet! I especially hope to find journal articles.....if you know of any, giving BOTH sides of the issue, I'd appreciate it.

Susan/ERvet
2007-RF @L5-S123, 2mo relief
2008-disco pos @L5-S1, +/-L4-5
Waiting as long as poss for ADR, considering biacuplasty
Don't even ask about the other ortho sx!
New onset left-sided pain Nov 08