View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 02:55 PM

Hi...and thanks for the kind, understanding words. I'm thankful for a means to communicate with others who can understand my frustrations. I will need to do some traveling to find someone else who has experience with this particular device. Part of my frustration in not having a speedy recovery is the pressure I'm getting to return to work. I was so long in the conservative care phase that my company's long term disability provider will be involved too. Looking at the xray and knowing my continuing problems, I'm worried that I have an even longer road before me. The screw placement actually looks like it will prevent much flexibility. The surgeon stressed to me that I shouldn't push my range of motion at all, all of which further increased my anxiety. At any rate, I am interested in the autoimmune issues that are triggered by disc problems and the potential future uses of biologics that Harrison mentioned as well. Sorry if my posts sound like I am freaking out. My frustrations blew a fuse! The suggestions are greatly appreciated!

LAC