View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 02:48 AM

Susan,

You are finding out what a lot of people have learned on here: You may get all sorts of opinions from doctors, but not one is the same.

I think some doctors are just ignorant of the ADR technology. I went to one doctor that thought the chance of an ADR slipping out of place and lacerating my aorta and therefore causing my death was very likely.
That information would scare anyone away.

Also, I think ADR surgery is highly technical and takes a high surgical skill level and not all doctors are able to perform it.

Doctors, like anyone, have a comfort zone and don't like to get out of it. Some doctors may be "stuck in their ways".

I went to one neurosurgeon, whom i work with, and he didn't know anything about ProDisc, only Charite. He said the 60-some percent success rate of the Charite was too low. Speaking to another physician, doctors are comfortable with surgeries in the 80 percent range.

Luckily, I didn't listen to the naysayers and went ahead and had what my doctor recommended, which was ADR.

Now, insurance coverage with Anthem Blue Cross is something else. My take on them is they don't want to cover it because they have not approved it. Good luck.

Kimmers