Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I sent Anita Peludat an email several days ago and have yet to receive a reply. I also have been in touch with "Harrison". Is there anything else I could be doing at this point to expedite the process?

How did you guys get your films and records to Dr. B? I saw in the FAQ's about photographing them with a digital camera, is that the easiest/best way? I have had an MRI,EMG,CT scan, and myelogram done. I assume they will want all of those?
I will try and 'divide and conquer':

1. Anita: Sometimes, it can take several days (if not longer) for Anita or someone from Pro-Spine to get back to you. Please be patient! (I know it sucks. Trust me: been there, done that!)

2. Anything else to expedite the process?: Email Anita / patient-affairs; fill out their questionairre; get all your reports, films, etc, etc, in order and ready to send.

3. How to send 'stuff': Yes, Pro-spine will want all of your films (MRI, EMG, CT, myelogram). The best way is to have them on CD, and then just send the images via email (usually, the original facility can produce a CD if you ask). If that won't work, some upscale film shops can handle those requests (turning the actual films into digital images). If all else fails, you can do what both Kim and I did (and a lot of people do), which is to send the actual films via post-mail to Dr. B's office.

Other things to keep in mind:

--When was your last MRI done? If it hasn't been done in the last year, you should think about having a new one.
--Do you have any recent xrays? Those wouldn't hurt either
--If you are serious about going through with Dr. B, then you will eventually need to have a bone density test (at least for lumbar ADR. Possibly for cervical ADR, although I am not 100% sure), and a bunch of blood-work done as well, but that is not until a few weeks beforehand (this is when you have sent in your $, have a surgery date, and are a few weeks away from surgery).
--Probably a stupid question: I am presuming you have a passport?

+ Everything that Kim said above

David