View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 02:14 PM

Default New painful issues-any ideas? Looking for recomended surgeon in CT.

In addition to all my current pain (see "signature" for details) and medication related issues recently, I seem to have developed a couple other problems which are concerning me. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar, and how significant they are. I have an appointment scheduled with my surgeon for April 1st which I am constantly attempting to get moved up to discuss my changing issues with him, but that isn't working out well so far. You'd think I was trying to schedule a visit with the President! Maybe it's time to look into another surgeon.

My first relatively new issue is that I almost daily experience numb, tingling sensations from both of my feet. Almost like the sensation as if they "went to sleep". This, along with most of my nerve-related sounding type symptoms used to come and go. Only the lumbar back and right-hip pain were constant. My right leg pain has become more frequent again too - almost daily. The feet and leg issues started on a more regular basis about 3 to 4 months ago.

The most irritating and more painful issue I've developed is that I cannot sit properly at my desk or drive a car for more than an hour to an hour and-a-half without a constant, fairly severe pain coming from my "tail bone" (sorry - I don't know the medical term!) The pain gets increasingly worse until I stand up, which this also makes considerably difficult! Once standing, the pain goes away relatively quickly. If I ride in a car as the passenger with the seat greatly inclined as usual, I have no pain at all. Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

I guess my last new issue is more of a complaint than anything else. I was told after the only Thorasic MRI which I had (all the others were lumbar), that my T12 showed signs of herniation or bulging. I have begun experiencing a lot of pain emanating from the center of my shoulders, and over to the right shoulder fairly regularly. Anyone know if an issue with a T12 disk could cause this sort of pain? I am unsure how far up the back the T12 disk is located. If and when I finally see my surgeon I will certainly be asking him too!

One last, quick question: Can anyone make any suggestions as to any neurosurgeons who they have had good luck with anywhere in the state of CT? I am currently seeing Dr. Yue out of Yale New Haven, CT. I've been a patient of his for approximately 2 years, but do not feel as if I am being treated as one (over 2 month wait for a so-called existing patient??). Since time is all I've got, it certainly can't hurt to see even a couple more doctors - especially if they come recommended.

Sorry for rambling on (again)! Thanks - Jeff
2008-Positive Disco (L4/L5&L5/S1 annular tears)
Herniated discs at L4/L5/S1, bulging T12
Began constant/severe neck & upper back pain 11/09
Jan 10-Cervical/Thoracic MRI:bone spurs+new disc probs
Cervical Spine issues causing terrible pain beginning in July 2021 - scheduled for 2 level C-Spine ADR on Oct 19th 2021 now!! Part of Clinical Trial so unsure if Mobi-C or Baguera C will be implanted ....