Thread: New to board
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 11:30 PM

Hi there - I am VERY familar with CM or COMS due to this is the disease my breed of dogs ( Cavaliers) can get I have as a result in order to try to move away from this disease as it can run in families have done 9 MRI's on my dogs - yes that is correct & I have the empty pockets to show for it. Two of my dogs suffer from this & we have had humans who have been able to speak for how the dogs feel. The dogs experience the same sets of issues that humans do. With that said if you have good CSF flow & dynamics then as you say your issues now post decompression should be found in the normal pathology of a disc that may have originally been stressed due to the COMS or just wear & tear etc. Ever in a car accident ?
Who did your COMS surgery ? & who is it you are considering for the C5 C6 ? Have you done a Discogram on this level in your neck to be sure this is your area of issues? Arm issues can be caused by COMS alone - just be sure your decompression is still holding from your surgery. Did you get a stent at all ? Reason I am asking is over time the decompression the COMS and syrinxes if you ever had any can return. I just want to be sure you are aware. I hope this is of some help - Best Jill