View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 PM

Default ADR in Thailand has become a good option

Neil,

As Harrison mentioned, several people have gone over to Thailand to have ADR surgery done because the cost is very inexpensive compared to many other places (even Germany) and they have some excellent doctors & hospitals. I think a single level ADR can be as little as $20K, which sounds like a lot of money but is a really low price compared to what you would pay elsewhere. However, I believe that all of the people that went to Thailand paid for their surgery out of pocket because their insurance refused to pay, and thus they needed the cheapest possible alternative.

I do not think that ANY of the top ADR clinics/surgeons take financing---it is cash up front. A friend of mine tried to see if he could get a payment plan for an ADR in Germany, and he was told he had to pay the full price in advance.

Is there any relative or someone close to you that might be able to help you with the cost, and you could pay them back? You are already in Thailand and there are a couple of very good surgeons there that can do the surgery for one of the lowest costs around, if you could somehow borrow the money.

Good luck,
DDD confirmed via discogram at L4/L5 & L5/S1 (with issues at L3/L4 but no concordant pain) 3/06
Failed SED (Laser Endoscopic surgery) 4/06
2 level ADR (L4-L5 & L5-S1) with Maverick disc at Stenum 8/06
XLIF Fusion (L3/L4) 9/08