View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 03:39 PM

Tricia,

Thank you so much for posting this and congrats on the little one!

This has actually been something on my mind since before my own ADR at the same level. I usually pushed the thoughts away in favor of more immediate concerns since I wasn't even married yet. So far, my post-op has been very successful. But, now that I'm engaged and getting married this spring, thoughts have returned to the "what ifs" and "how will my back handle its" regarding childbirth as I definitely want children.

I'm glad your doctors allowed you to opt for a c-section as I had wondered if that would be possible. I also have degeneration at the disks above my replaced L5/S1 and I pretty much assumed the extra pressure from carrying the baby as well as the pushing for natural delivery would come with major spinal risks. While many women seem afraid of having c-sections, I feel like I would welcome it because of my back problems! In a silly way, it's almost fitting that I welcome such a procedure... I never was one to follow the masses all that well. Haha!

I look forward to hearing how the aquatics and whatnot go for you as well as if you wind up needing bed rest. I'll also be curious to see how your back recovers after your little one is born. I'm turning 30 this year and figure I will probably closer to 32 when we have our first. I'm hoping those two little years won't make too big a difference with recovering afterward. Hopefully I can keep my gym routine going so I'm in the best shape possible for whenever we start our family.

I feel like I can't thank you enough for posting your post-ADR pregnancy experience.

~Sara

- Did mild PT, some chiropractics and self regulated pain management since initial sports injury in Spring 1997.
- XRay and Bone Scan Jan/Feb 2007
- PT March to May 2007
- MRI Jan 2008
- Disco positive at L5/S1 Feb 2008
- ADR surgery at L5/S1 on June 23rd 2008 - Prodisc
- Recovery - so far so good!