View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 11:46 PM

Hi Christine,

I am so sorry to hear this! I hope you can hold on and find a solution that you are happy with. Why would ins refuse the fusion???? I went to Boeree, I am exactly 3 wks post-op, and doing well. I had a great experience with Mr. Boeree and all the staff of Nuffield Hosp Wessex. I do know he does offer financing, but I didn't go that route. I will tell you what I did if you PM me. And, even if Mr. Boeree is out of town, Jo Hadley can start working on your stuff and possibly set up a tenative time for him to call you to consult.

If you want to talk to me, please change your setting on this site to accept PMs, as I haven't been able to respond to the emails you sent me. I will give you my ph# if you want any info on my experience that I have yet to type in detail on Surgical Outcomes, but will in the next week.

I am so sorry you are going through this. You are right, all of us on this site has been there to some degree. I think financially, my situation caused me a lot of stress during the worst time in my life. It is not only shear hell knowing you have to have ANY type of spinal surgery (scary!), but making life-altering decisions when you are stressed out, emotional, in pain, financially unsure how to pay for it, etc., just purely sucks.

Hang in there, rest, cry when you want to, and take care of yourself and don't lose hope. I am here if you need me!
Love hiking, biking, anything outdoors. 2005 dx with cervical DDD and radiculopathy, given PT, NSAIDs. Back to regular lifestyle with very few problems until March 2011, hyper extension of neck created the "straw that broke camel's back". C5-6 and C6-7 herniation with compression of the spinal cord. Pain between shoulder blades and mild numbness down L>R arm. No conservative options-only surgery per NS x 3. S/P 2-level ADR surgery with Mr. Nick Boeree in England Aug 31, 2011.