View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 12:31 AM

Thank you all for the great info. I am attempting to stay as active as possible. I get about 5-20 minutes of time I can get up and around. I do this every hour or so if I can. I have been doing my PT exercises as often as I can too. Unfortunately the pain meds don’t work as well as I would hope. I hate to take them and really just deal with the pain that remains. I am going to be working with a Mind/Body meditation teacher to see if that helps. Luckily she is my wife’s cousin so I won’t have any out of pocket cost. (Kind of low on funds being off work as long as I have been) I will see if my insurance will cover a nutritionist. If so I will see if I can get in in time. I have been working on eliminating junk food where I can. At only 165 lbs. and 6’ tall, it is hard for me to get my mind around the idea that it really is bad for me. (My wife RALLY hates that about me. Junk food really doesn’t show on me.) I am trying to get to my pre-bike tour diet. It seems to help when recovering from the long rides. Right now I spend a lot of my time in a recliner. I do this because I can rock it forward to get out of it. It hurts less than getting off the couch. Is it better to avoid the recliner for a while after surgery? I really do not want to get stuck in it because I cannot stand.
2007-2010
7 Inj and PT
2011 2 Inj.
Aug. Inj did not help at all. MRI.
XRay neg. Sept MRI
Discogram L5S1 pain was 10 of 10. L4L5 pain was 2-3.
DR advised me about ADR. Ins Approved after appeal.
Surg 12/16 Xmas gift!
Feeling GREAT!
http://www.facebook.com/Stircrazie