Thread: m6-L questions
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:43 PM

Thanks so much for all of your input. I will definitely consider Dr.dare as well. Iam hoping to find the best surgeon soon. All of the pain, stress, and concern for failure is really starting to take a toll on me. I know what you are saying when you weren't sure if you wanted the surgery when thinking it could be worse afterwards.
It is so baffling the wide array of different opinions doctors have. I went to see Dr. Musante today and he told me that he has done well over two hundred ADRs and spoke of all of the disc manufacturers and was even involved in some early m6 trials a few years ago. He said that he thought that with what was on the market in the states I should have a fusion at L5S1 and if there were any problems with adjacent discs he could then replace it with a more advanced disc if one was available. I asked him what he thought of the m6 and he said he loved it. Then proceeded to tell me it was still new and he would still do the anterior approach fusion. He also said that the new ALIF was much more advanced and that adjacent disc degeneration was a theory. Everything he said made great sense and he was actually very knowledgable. I just don't think I am prepared to basically write in my next surgery when the adjacent disc fails. Oh plus as he stood up he said that he had spent a lot of time with us and he had to run. Oh and I scheduled two time slots as to not effect others appointments and he was an hour late seeing us. I really hope the end of all of this crazy BS is almost over. My family and business is beginning to show signs of wear:-(.

I hope the pain subsides for everyone soon and may God Bless you all.
4/11 pain came on and has settled in for good
facet blocks
7 injections
DRX 9000 traction (no help)
Fentanyl patch and 15 mg oxycodon for breakthrough
4 MRI Bulging L5S1 and DDD
3 Dr's suggest ADR
1/13 discogram 7-8/10 pain
2/28/13 ADR scheduled xxxx canceled
3/21/13 L5S1 ADR M6 with Dr. Clavel who else?:-)