View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 04:00 AM

I cannot say if the hospital in Germany is not equipped or not, I just know about Quiron hospital. I think I have read here that Hattigen hospital is equipped like Quiron, but I can't say for sure. As for what Bierstedt missed, I can't say it was him that missed it or what happened. I had a surgery set up with Bierstedt, Then a week later they changed the hospital and doctor, to Illerhaus with no explanation. I asked why, and Ken in Canada told me I could have surgery with Bierstedt if I wanted, still no reason why. A couple of weeks later, I received an email from Malte telling me that Illerhaus was better at removing bone spurs and fixing damage to the spine structure itself. This was 5 1/2 months after receiving my films and 3 or 4 weeks after receiving updated MRI's and X rays. I never really got the feeling they had a plan and could communicate it to me. Not once was I ever told I needed to talk with any of the doctors there. Within 2 days of sending Yolanda my films, she contacted me with a request for X rays, which I got and sent her. The next day she sent me Dr Clavels report and asked me for a time she could call me. She called exactly when she said, and scheduled the Skype call with Dr Clavel. He called 5 minutes early, which was 8pm his time, and we talked for an hour. He explained everything to me in detail, reassured me he could do it no problem, and said that he didn't see any problems, but if there were, he was fully prepared to handle them. There would be a vascular surgeon, cardiologist and intensive care unit available. My surgery took 45 minutes longer than expected cut to the extensive damage that was not visible on the MRI's or X rays, and not mentioned in any of the radiologists reports. When I talked with him and his partner who was assisting, they said it was no big deal, but they got all the spurs and fixed the damage and left it perfect, good as new. Germany is probably good, and a number of people have had good experiences there, but for me, it was night and day, I believe they have no idea what the hell is going on. Yolanda is smart, efficient and on the ball. From beginning to setting the date for surgery, it was 2 or 3 weeks. It was easy and painless, I just wish I had been able to meet Yolanda when I was there, she was out on maternity leave.
3 epidurals, PT, 2 MRI's,etc.
scheduled 3 times for C5-6, 6-7 fusion,
plus laminectomy at C3-4, and C 7, advised to do Bilateral lamino-foraminotomy C5-6, C6-7,a Percutaneous Discectomy L4 -L5
7/14 RFA on L3 to L5 (awake, local only)
C5-6,6-7 M-6 ADR with Dr. Clavel 9/17/14,
12/7/15 RFA L2-S1, Facet injections C2-7
6/3/16 RFA L2-S1, epidural L4,5, 8/26/16 RFA C1-7