View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Banned

For women.. it seems that I used to desire saltly food prior to menopause, and now I have some desire for sweets which I really never had except probably as a child and I was very lean then and/or probably a bit underweight if I were to be plotted on a growth chart in terms of weight and height.

I agree with Laura in terms of increased activity even if just walking from parking lot space to store and not parking up front in disabled even tho we might be able to, unless of course the pain is so severe that is near to impossible.

Also, the Core exercises taught in PT or wherever you can find qualified instructors have methods of strengthening abdominal musculature w/o getting down and doing crunches or whatever else that might be difficult for one's injured spine.

Several years ago, I went to Weight Watchers to lose these same 10 lbs or so and successfully reached 112 lbs and felt great... I had bunion and two other toe surgery right after that and my back went out so the weight sort of slowly climbed back up to where I am now.

Hopefully when I find out what WC might really be doing for me re ADR if I'm still a candidate, I will focus on losing this bit of weight, or whatever surgical plans I might have to make... I dread the thought of abdominal scarring or more posterior work as '89 discectomy scar runs cross my low back (horizontal) and I'm going to be wearing a cross if I have fusion done.. (oh well..may stud it with rubies and make it pretty)..

Has anyone here tried Jenny Craig?? I'm not into buying the food that is prepackaged however, I know there are some people that have tried various such diets and I believe may have had some success... or other diets for cardiac or diabetic health? ...