Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 11:47 PM

Default Intro

My sig probably says tells most of my story at this point. I am here to learn and to get knowledge to help me make a decision on a surgeon. I will have to go to Europe because I need 4 levels (cervical) and I am avoiding fusion. I am a very active (and I am told young-looking for my age) 65 year old. I am a former bicycle racer and ski instructor. I still swim (with a swim snorkel since I can't turn my head) Bike (mountain bike since I can't crane my neck on a road bike anymore) and ski - both alpine and nordic. I want to stay active. Despite my ugly MRI (which I will post if I can figure out how to upload), I am not in much pain (and I know pain - had severe lumbar stenosis - surgery 15 years ago - all good with lower back since then) It is hard for me to decide to go forth with surgery when I am managing the pain. But I know it won't get better and can only get worse and I don't want to miss my chance and end up only with the option of fusion. Now I need to get busy and read a bunch on this board. Thanks for including me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cervical spine MRI shot resized.jpg (34.4 KB, 13 views)
2018 - cervical MRI - 4 level cord compression and massive foraminal stenosis
present - researching options for a non-fusion solution