View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 06:00 PM

Hi, another soldier wounded by withdrawal.
After 6 years on different meds, they placed me on methadone for reasons of wanting to back me off of meds altogether to see what my back and physiological body would do: A neuro would not work me any longer 'on' the meds....

So, I would like to request your knowledge if anyone has ever been where I am at this day. (Thank you) I have read a lot of your past posts and they are helpful but here goes.

They started me at 50mg because it was equal to the 40mg oxycont 2x day...So, I began on 50mg Methdone only 3 months ago - then backing down 5mg every 2 weeks for about a month. When I got down to 35 mgs, that was the breaking point.

I stayed there for possibly 5 weeks and then started down again, 5 mg a week until I was at 20 mg and stayed there for 3 weeks. If the math works, I started down again anyhow and then got down 5 mg at a time until I was down to 10 mg a day, 5 in the a.m. amd 5 just after dinner...I only did that for one week......and then started feeling like a major drugie because I was at the 'next' step which would have been cutting them in halves, 1/4ing them up.

I dropped them after a week (7 days) of taking 10 mg a day and That was 6 days ago.

I am going flat nuts in my home. I have not slept but possibly 2 hours a night and have extreme withdrawals that come on at night much much worse at about 9 O'clock. I do not have a PM because of the insurance scams that they have pulled and my family physician does not beleieve that I have been as strong and just jumped off and desires me to go back on them and come down off of them slower....Nope, Won't do it.

Anyone know how long this lasts? Do I have to shave my head so I do not have to pull the hair out or is there something or some sort of other meds that an emergency room can help me with possibly? The regular doc that wants me back on them is just wrong, I will not take these drugs ever again, ever. I am done with that, But apparantly based on what I am being told, one cannot jump off of methadone anything lower than 5 mg?

Any experience that you all can share iwth me, will uh, give me something to read while I crawl to my pc next time I am over here, Thanks.
Me
Moderate to Severe, (L) 'They' say that I am @ the end of my road 'What's THAT Mean?? Who are THEY