View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 02:14 AM

Are there actually studies that pay for everything? I am in Flexicore's clinical trial and had to sign papers that if my insurance would not pay, that I would be responsible for all costs EXCEPT for the actual charge for the disc itself. That was $11,500; so that definetely would have helped. I had always thought before that clinical trials paid all of the participant's costs. I would love to find a trial that would pay all or most of the costs. I don't think my insurance company will go for it if I need another surgery. If I need / want the second ADR, I will most likely be on my own. I have heard some say some doctors will agree to a price reduction if your insurance won't pay or at least agree to accept what they would from the insurance. In my case, there was a 26% difference (about $10,000) between what was billed and what the insurance actually paid. I don't know if this amount of reduction would make it affordable for you WD - but it's worth looking into. If the manufacturer covers the cost of the disc and you can convince the doctor and hospital to accept the reduction, it could be a $18,000 savings. And that was for one level ADR in my case. Good luck. Keep us posted on what you find out.