View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 08:42 PM

Hellu Julie,

My husband had a three-level ADR in February 2005. We were forced to upgrade to business class with Austrian Airlines. (We spent a week in Vienna after his sugery in Straubing, Germany.) A word to the wise...Some airlines can refuse boarding a person if they even hear a whisper that they've had surgery.

However, upgrading to business class, (even after choking on the price), was well worth it. He would never have handled economy, and even business class wasn't perfect, nothing will be. Also ask for a wheelchair, it makes boarding and disembarking a breeze as well as getting through customs and baggage claims because a skycap will assist you all the way...and why not be treated like a queen!

I highly recommend staying in Germany at least a week post-op, do some sight seeing, (what ever you are up for) its a beautiful area!

Also, some patients move to Straubing and stay at The Hotel Roemerhof . This where I stayed and it was immaculate and owner Eckhard Kummrow is an incredible host, extremely helpful with post-op patients needs. Also there was not even trace of cigarette smoke.!

You are in the best possible hands, give our best to Drs Bertagnoli and Fenk-Mayer.

Anita and James Peludat
Bio-active bone cement used at all three levels in Germany after osteoporosis was discovered in OR. (false negative bone densit