View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 07:27 PM

Default success story

Boxer,

I am one of the many success stories from ADR surgery. Nearly 4 years ago, I ignored the rumor mill and had a two level Lumbar ADR surgery at Stenum. Although I suffer a little nerve damage (5-10%) in my right leg, it was tested at that 2 years prior to surgery and I knew it wasn't realistic to think it could be reversed. A slight limp is all I have as a result.

Since surgery, I returned to work full time and was top producer for the last 3 years. I've been able to be a dad to my now 6 year old son and we have an active lifestyle. I started skydiving again in 2011.

A few months ago, I had to pick my car up at the shop which is about 2 miles away. My wife was on the other side of town so I walked cross country to get it. I made the 2 1/2 mile hike in 20 minutes and had no ill effects afterward.

There are several people I know of that stop participating in forums like this since they've healed enough to get back into life full time.

For those that single out surgeons they know only by rumor and not direct experience, take it from me, there are great surgeons on most of the continents.

Good luck in your journey,

Bob
04/07 Recurrent Disc L5/S1
4 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 5 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 L4/5 & L5/S1 Maverick disc at Stenum