View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 03:14 PM

Hello everyone!

I am new hear and wanted to say hello and share a bit of my story. I had a Prodisc t l5-s1 at St Mary's in SF in March 03 as part of their clincal trials. My recovery was long, but successful. In 2006 I had some arthoscopic surgery of the hip to resolve some residual hip pain that I assumed was coming from the back, but was truly coming from the hip. After that hip surgery I was doing even better and thought all this stuff was behind me . . . Well, woe is me I seemed to have injured another disc in my back. All the old familiar buring butt and leg pain is back full force. I have a MRI coming . . . Trying to keep my chin up . . . Thought I migt find some information and support here.

I would be happy to share any of my recovery experience from my Prodisc surgery (lots of distraction pain) And also let people know that hip pain may actually be coming from the hip! I had what is called femeroacetabular impingment (FAI) which causes painful labral tears in the hip joint itself. It may be something to purse for those who continue to have hip pain after back sugery. There are only a handful of docs in the country who can fix it arthoscopically.

Laurel