View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 06:32 PM

Absolutely!! However, you need a U.S. doctor to order the tests. That is why I suggested in another posting that the easiest thing to do is take the e-mail you received from the Doctor overseas to a walk-in clinic. Most of the pre-op tests are things done in the normal course of a physical. Unless you have a good relationship with your personal physician and are not concerned that he/she will try to talk you out of going abroad, I would go to someone you don't know (i.e. walk-in clinic). Obviously, you do not volunteer to the insurance co. that this is for overseas surgery. I actually had all this done myself (the way I am suggesting you do this) for surgery with Dr. Bierstedt. In my case, it turned out I could get by without ADR, so I ended up not going. Most walk-in clinics are convenient in that they can perform all the tests necessary at their location in one visit. Blood test results are usually ready within 48 hours.
2008 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on left side
Feb, 2010 - Cervical Fusion C4/C5
Dec, 2010 - Lumbar Fusion L3/L5
2013 - Bulge on C5/C6; herniation C6/C7 right side
Mar 26, 2013 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on right side
May 5, 2015 - ADR with Dr Blumenthal of TBI for C5/C6 using Mobi-C