View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 07:31 AM

Default Clavel Nurses

I am going to be honest - the nursing care was definitely subpar when it came to pain management. I had been on so many pain medications before going that I am not sure how well they could have controlled my pain. However, I ended up on the overflow floor and the nurses did not speak any English. It would take hours to get medications and I was in tears. I did write a letter to the Hospital and also spoke in depth to Yolanda and Dr. Clavel about my experience. They were extremely apologetic. Just like in the states, you have to stay on top of the medications given. I wrote everything down. At one point, they had a shift change and tried to double medicate me. Luckily, the translator was in the room at that point and stopped the error. They do not scan in meds into a computer system like they do in the US, so you are depending on paper pencil record keeping. Even as poor as the nursing care was, I would go back in a heartbeat, if I ever had back or neck issues again.
1/16/2017 - Cervical Radiofrequency Lesioning
3/15/2017 - Dr. Pablo Clavel: Cervical Disc Revision C5/C6 (M6-C) and Lumbar Disc Replacement (M6-L)