View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 01:12 AM

I think I read through that page a while back, and I found several other similar pages about patients who experienced nightmares, such as a woman whose face was disfigured by a plastic surgeon in Thailand. It can certainly be difficult to interface with foreign surgeons, find good ones and be fairly assured of satisfaction with language barriers, differences in customs, and the effect of peoples' opinions around the world in general about Americans at any given time.

It just seems that with 7 billion people on this planet, and many of them experiencing aging and injury to their necks and spines, there should be more qualified surgeons to do this surgery than the tiny handful of names we normally hear about here. This would also help keep that handful from becoming totally overloaded, maintain a high level of quality, as well as help keep the cost of the operation from going even further through the roof. But it looks like there's no such type of international list or registrar for this specialty (yet).
C45 Broad protrusion+cord narrowing
Mild bilateral uncovertable joint degeneration
C56 Diffuse osteophyte complex
Bilateral uncovertebral joint degeneration
Cord narrowing+moderate canal stenosis
Severe bilateral neural foraminal stenosis
C67 Diffuse bulge to the left+sac effacement
No canal stenosis, mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis

Last edited by joewtny; 09-04-2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Grammar