View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynlite View Post
Dealing with The Barrow Institute has been a frustrating journey so far. They wouldn't let me set up an appointment until after the surgeon reviewed my Cervical MRI films and package (I understand that) but, it took 2 months to get into see him after they received the package. His office told me multiple times he uses the Mobi-C but, he informed me at the appointment he does not. He uses the ProDisc-C and wasn't a fan of it either. He recommended a one level fusion at C5-C6. That appointment was sort of a waste of time. So, the doctor referred me to their Mobi-C surgeon one month ago as I told him I was not interested in getting a fusion and wanted to look into ADR. The new surgeon's office would not let me set up an appointment until he reviewed my Lumbar and Thoracic MRI films. Okay, I don't like it but, I understand the reasoning. Problem was that the disc and report were sent to the first surgeon's office and they failed to send it over to the 2nd surgeon. I was chasing that problem down for about 4 days. I still have no idea if they sent it over because I took care of getting the MRI report to them. Now, I'm waiting for the 2nd surgeon to decide if he wants to see me. I'm still sitting around waiting without an appointment!

I sure wish I lived in Colorado, California or Texas right now! The Barrow Institute is the top facility in our state. I guess they are really busy and there isn't much else to choose from here!

2nd Update: Just called and the 2nd surgeon Dr. Chang who said he agreed with Dr. Porter regarding the fusion. I asked "So, you're saying he does not think I'm a candidate for ADR?" Her reply "Oh, let me put this back to him and ask. You do realize that your insurance will probably not cover the surgery!" I told her I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. It feels like I'm just spinning my tricycle wheels! Absolutely no feedback on the Lumbar and Thoracic MRI's either!
Sounds like your getting the run around. I wish you lived in another state as well. Please keep us updated. Hopefully -- you will get some answer's soon.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy