View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:15 AM

Hi Fortitudine
Nice to meet a fellow Canuck on here!Are you going to Germany?I am very lucky in that my family have been very supportive both emotionally and financially with my decision to seek surgery out-of-country.

I saw Dr. David Taylor at LHSC Spine Centre in November. He only does one level and said because I need 2-level, I am not a candidate. He offered me facet injections under fluroscope and narcotics.So now I am a stoned,drooling moron... LOL... at least that's how I feel most days!There was another poster from Ontario who recommended Dr. Gurr out of London, but the wait is more than a year.I feel I am running out of time. I am not able to walk more than 1/2 block before severe pain and numbness from mid-back to feet sets in.I am unable to work as I am a nurse employed at a nursing home and the workload is heavy.My hubby (bless his heart) has to do almost all the housework,frequently has to help me dress and puts up with my bad nights which occur 4-5 times per week.My nights have improved some with a combination of Demerol and Flexeril,but I certainly do have cognitive impairment due to all the meds I am on.My pain level remains at 6 - 8 on a daily basis with spikes of 9 - 10 a little less frequently.

Best of luck to you.
Deb
the usual... myelograms,MRI's,CT scans,xrays,EMG
epidural blocks
facet injections
"serious degeneration" L1-L2
Discogram - L1 - S1 -discogenic with L3/4,L4/5