View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 05:25 PM

Hi everyone,
My discogram was scheduled for last Tuesday but the doctor decided to cancel it. When the nurse asked if I had been taking the same medications, I said yes. But then I also told her that I had just finished two doses of antibotics and that I had had a steroid shot and a Medrol dose pack since my last appointment. (All prescribed by my primary care physician due to a pretty severe case of bronchitis). Anyway, when the doctor was told he said that he couldn't do the procedure. He said that taking a steroid lowers your body's ability to fight infection. So, my discogram has been rescheduled for May 3rd. Even though I wasn't looking forward to the discogram, I was looking forward to a better diagnosis and treatment. Depending on the diagnosis, we were going to try an IDET or facet joint injections. But, for now, I'm just waiting again. Also, although my insurance approved the discogram, they said they would not approve the IDET. So, has anyone had an IDET? Did it help? Was it covered by insurance? Please let me know. Thanks,
Tammy