View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 03:40 AM

Default Not Ny bro

I live in New York and have been researching this for a few years and I don't trust ANYONE in NY. either go to Germany in my option or get a hold of dr James j Yue at Yale he is tops. He is picky though so if you have any listed contradictions he won't do you. He told me I had to loose 70 pounds n quit smoking. I did in four months. Thankfully with my burst of will power I over came my fear of flying n now I'm headed to Germany.

Most the doctors in New York that r top of field have about a 40/60 success rate, with Goldstein being one of the top dogs. I chose dr Bertagnoli in Germany, in my opinion he seemed top dog in world. Some people here will disagree saying he ignores his failures but if you go to other sites n read these failures posts from before surgery you'll see that most of the ones with bad outcomes had sacral issues n were warned it may not work. There are two people that are legit were dr Bertagnoli messed up. One guy got his nerve nicked n I forget the other. But realize the guy they recommend has numerous negitive outcomes, but the patients faith in that doctor seems to minimize the lack of success.

Another thing I see people get hung up on is disc style. I feel surgeon is most important not the style of disc. Some will say dr Bertagnoli only uses prodisc cause he has interest in it. While it's true he owned the patent on it n he holds the Pantene on most the tools used, his interests were already paid of by licensing those patent to synthesize or what ever the name is. Do your research it's up to you. But I look at it like this. If my wife can spend 40k on a car I can spend it on my back.

Prepare your self as this is nerve racking btw these are just my opinions and I'm just an electrician not a doctor but if you want we can buy a disc off eBay n I'll give it a whack, I can probably do a better job than most here in ole USA! Just kidding. I'm nervous wreck I'm going under the knife in a few weeks. I can't sleep or think or anything I'm scared tihs lest.

Good luck! Btw this site saved my sanity n they all pretty good here, but if you stick around you see the doctors become like football teams n each has his fans n critics lol!
6/6/15 last of many MRI L4-5 medium paracentral bulge with juice leaking and mid to left bulge on L5-S1
No invasive procedures except steroid shots that did nothing n hurt wicked bad
9/24/2016 Adr surgery Bertagnoli>1 year doing great