Thread: Prehab
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 10:39 PM

Well all I can say to this is I waited 6 months before I did anything other than walking, biking and the exercises in the AK booklet, so I probably babied myself more than anyone...yet here I am 7 months later back in the gym doing what I love and getting stronger all the time, I am looking at competing again in a yr or two - that is how well I am doing, I am not 100% pain free, but the old pain is definitely gone, I would have been a bit leary doing the hockey at 6wks, but I am NOT a hockey player, therefore; zero experience w/ hockey means I should not be doing that... whereas someone who is a past hockey player can - I am not saying that anybody else should not take up hockey after ADR, I am saying they shouldn't start for the first time after 6wks of spine surgery...that is why this entire ADR outcome, post-op activity and success stories are in direct relation to the individual and thier own unique abilities, who can do what and when..(6wk recovery applies to all) as it simply applies to each individuals age, shape and PRIOR ACTIVITY EXPERIENCE.