View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Banned

Stretch Neuropraxia~ this is about injury occuring to nerve during stretching for distraction (I imagine).
A). Does this occur because of over distraction?
B). Is it seen to occur more commonly in disc spaces that are further collapsed or collapsed for a longer period of time?
C). What is being considered in terms of prevention?

What is/are substance(s) used for vertebroplasty in terms of prevention of subsidence by Dr.Bertagnoli.
When does he consider using this:
Certain T score level?
Other criteria?

Are we going to see the introduction of such a substance used for vertebroplasty in the U.S. anytime in the near future (is it the same substance as used for vertebral fractures currently in US)?

Annular tearing and adjacent disc replacement. What Grade tear would constitute disc replacement.
Is it still the concensus that adjacent disc replacement may help to stabilize a disc that is disrupted but with annular tear but not considered significant enough or concordant for pain on discogram?
Have studies proved otherwise re stabilization of adjacent disrupted disc with tear and if so, would it then be considered more prudent to replace disc even if not concordant for pain at time of discogram?

This next question pertains to myself so don't know if anyone would like to ask or not..

I have rt. S1 nerve root scarring and have been told many a time that this was reason for much of the confusing burning type of pain I have in varying locations. What I wonder is if there is anything that might be done at the time of ADR surgery with this scar tissue or is just considered better to leave it alone~