View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:59 PM

Hello PDiddy,
As I understand it, the wrist pain could come from nerve compression or cord compression. I was told that if the symptoms match the compromised level, it is more likely nerve compression. If the symptoms don't match the level, especially if they are multi-level, it would more likely be cord compression.

I am almost 10 months post op. I had significant cord compression, neurological symptoms in both legs and right arm, unbearable pain and severe numbness in entire right side of my body. I was unable to work more than 20 hrs per week and had no personal or social life to speak of. I am not meaning to compare symptoms - just make the point that my case was clear cut. I had none of these problems prior to my injury.

I did not feel that I had a choice to continue without surgery. I felt that the disc replacement was the right choice for me and I would do it again in a minute.

The possibility exists that I may have to have revision or fusion at some point. In my opinion, better a fusion at 55 or 60 yrs old than 40 yrs old. My physical therapist thinks that my neck is much more functional than those people he has worked with that have fusions.

I agree with Rob - you need thorough evaluation and a doctor that will weigh all options for you. ADR is not the best solution for everyone.
10/2008 3 surgeons confirm C6/C7 needs ADR and always has.
Has anyone had a second ADR surgery on an adjacent level?