View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 03:04 PM

Things are moving along. I finally heard from Pro-Spine, both from Dr. Fenk-Mayer and Anita.I had forwarded info to Alpha Klinik as well, and Dr. Frank has been really great, confirming he's received my emails and keeping me up-to-date with the evaluation. On Friday, he said that their expert, Dr. Bertagnoli would have to review my case and make the final decision as it is complex. Surprisingly, he said I have a "serious degeneration" at L1-L2 (which only stands to reason as I suffered a wedge compression fracture of the L1 back in 1989 when I was assaulted at work). I really have to wonder how 4 radiologists (x-rays, 2 MRI's, and a CT scan in the past couple years) and the surgeon I saw in November, missed it. I pulled my x-rays and viewed the MRI images again,sure enough I saw what Dr. Frank saw. I rec'd my Bone Density report and thank goodness,it is normal.I am waiting to hear from Dr. Roy and Dr. Jarzem in Quebec. If I can have surgery done in Quebec, OHIP will pay for it as it has been approved by Health Canada.However, I am preparing myself mentally for a trip to Germany as I want the best possible outcome (don't we all!).
the usual... myelograms,MRI's,CT scans,xrays,EMG
epidural blocks
facet injections
"serious degeneration" L1-L2
Discogram - L1 - S1 -discogenic with L3/4,L4/5