View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 PM

Hi Harrison,

If you have time could you let me know about these different testing methods sometime this week? The physicain coordinating my work-up is the SI Joint fusion surgeon and he has a hard time w/believing it's this sapho syndrome because it is so rare - but unfortunately I do have ALL the classics signs for it. He's looking at this joint thinking it's got to be infected - but yet I have no fevers/chills nor any swelling/ redness over the joint. I'm afraid the next thing he'll suggest is an open culture/biopsy of it - which again will be useless if they're going to use the same culture methods.

The bone biopsy initially cultured out two gram neg bacilli, a yeast, and a mold. The ID doc was convinced it was a contaminate because the path report did not show any WBC's in the specimen. This then lead to the fluid aspiration done 7 days ago which so far hasn't grown anything.

I think the main problem with the Marshall protocol is that there are no really good clinical trials for support of the theory and I think most infectious disease MD's would argue vehemently against the use of low-dose pulsed antibiotics - because of the stance that it would promote more antibiotic resistance.

I do really really like Professor Art Ayers theory about inflammation and autoimmunity. It makes a lot of sense in my case with the gut dysbiosis from my fibro. I had the IBS diagnosis 8 years prior to the fibro dx. In any case, since following his recommended diet and using the above supplements, my pain and gait have improved somewhat already. I did buy a blendtec blender to try to get a higher concentration of nutrient-dense fruits and veggies in. Also eating different forms of yogurt for the different cultures. He insists our resident gut flora is way underpopulated. . . . I could go on and on, but I won't. He could be a good candidate your next expert interview. Anyways, I'm worn from reading all this stuff. Take care.

ML
*Tx's-PT, 2 ESI's Interlaminar & transforaminal, 2 SI Joint steroid injections, Failed LBB for SI Joint