View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 11:47 AM

How do you know if your company is fully insured or self insured? Just call our HR I guess?

I called my insurance, UHC, to see what they had to say about coverage and the woman said she had nothing in her database regarding ADR and nothing against the CPT of 0091T which is what my research has shown to be the code for this surgery? She suggested I have my doctor submit a pre-authorization form and it will take about 30 days for them to respond. And I have yet to get a doctor to recommend it, so far they say fusion would be my next option, but as I can function day to day, they have not even recommended that although I have another appointment next month and I think that is what he is going to say as he said if the last round of PT and injections did not work that might be the "only" alternative as I have more than one bad level.

Anyway, it looks like it is the exception vice the rule for insurance to cover it at this point. I am probably going to have to come up with the money out of pocket and do the european thing, but am still researching and will be at the shindig May 1st.

Note NYC Jason's update about the moratorium in his new thread. Seems like it is roadblock after roadblock.

Juli
DDD L3-L4 on down since 1990

Feeling great!