Thread: Paul C Intro
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 05:53 AM

Sorry to hear your situation and I am in the same boat as you pretty much. I got three levels and by the looks of your MRI you are doing better than me but that does not mean a thing really as everyone reacts to DDD differently. Some people barely have any discs at all and don't have back pain while others have just a little disc gone and are in agony.

My advice to you is to not limit yourself to the Western doctors. They can't even do an ADR more than one level, perhaps 2 in certain cases. They are locked in the notion of Fusion and doing multiple little surgeries to ease your pain. I am not saying that Western Doctors are bad but if you are really serious you should explore your other options.

I went to 4 or 5 doctors in the Western world and 3 in Asia all experts in the field. They all told me I got a terrible back but am lucky I am not screaming in pain daily, at least not yet. There were two sides one side says you need fusion, some said now, some said in a few years.. others would say don't do anything , exercise stay in shape blah blah

Well that is when I started looking into ADR. I would suggest you touch base with some of the doctors that are recommended on this site. I am dealing with both Doctor Clavel and Dr Desai but there are others here. You can send your MRI, set up a question and answer period, on phone, on skype etc, I know Dr Clavel does it we have an one hour session on skype but it costs like 300 Euros but that price will be deducted on my surgery if I decide on him.

Dr Desai is answering my questions via email and soon we plan to have a phone call. I am sure other doctors have similar methods. I would take all your questions to these doctors and then compare the overseas procedures with the Western ones and determine which one is best for you.

I am leaning towards ADR because I want to keep that movement, I want to keep the stress off my upper discs which are still good. Dr Desai and Clavel think I am a good canidiate because I havent had any surgeries yet, so it seems they would prefer someone with a clean slate when it comes to the operating room.

I have a feeling you are much like me, will what I do make things worse, that is always in my head but it is getting to that point where I will soon have no choice. hope my ramblings help a bit
L4-L5
L5-S1
Considering ADR Procedure This Year