View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry5 View Post
Thank you again 2Confused,

Sure enough, all that time and the VA will only consider a fusion, two weeks in a bed and 3 months with a brace.

They say it is not recommended, and are seeing more failures?

Not to say the Charite and ProDisc are NOT working, but I have talked to a few and these are tearing up their facet joints.

I had another MRI, in mid Jan, and the report from the person doing the eval of the MRI, said I had significant deterioration of the facet joints, and I have only had decompression surgery.

There are MANY people that have the M6, and are doing real well.

If anyone knows someone that has the M6, (especially in the Lumbar, in my case) and have had an MRI post op, a couple of years later, let me know if they have nn improvement in the adjoining areas, or at least not worsening.

I submitted my BC international claim this week and suspect I will get the Usual response, investigational.

Will post as I can.
Jerry5,

The artificial disc is contraindicated if the facet joints have significant wear. That is why I was told, by top surgeons, my best chance would be a 1 level fusion at L5/S1, and ADR at L4/5.
However I have to switch insurance because there has been no luck with Oxford covering this procedure.

Good luck with your insurance, though!
Reqmt
6 year struggle with herniated L4/5 w/ annular tear, ruptured L5/S1 that is now degenerated to where the bones rub, the lack of height is causing the facet joints to degenerate and cause pain at that level. Stenosis and radiculopathy to the left leg also present.
Now waiting to switch insurance so that I can get a hybrid surgery. Fusion of L5/S1 and ADR at L4/5.