View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 09:03 PM

I'm so happy to have that weight off my shoulder. However.....just today I received a call (not an email) from Dr. Bierstedt. He wanted to go over my MRI's, scans, xrays, and personally offer his opinion. I WAS SO IMPRESSED! I know I made my decision already - BUT, if I hadn't already started booking my travel (due to the Oktoberfest thingee), I would have sided in his direction. Either way, I KNOW I made a good choice with either surgeon. But for others who are straddling the fence - definitely a surgeon with patience and compassion.

My travel arrangements are out of Chicago. I checked stops and the best I can do was Frankfurt. I forgot about the customs check. I only have a 90 minute layover so I hope it will be enough. I can't afford Business or First Class - so I'm settling with coach and valium. Our flight leaves at 10 PM - so I hope to pass out. The return is non stop (?), but I'm thinking it might have been better to have a stop somewhere - just to get mobile. Lufthansa had a good rate for this time of year (I guess you can say that), and they do have a policy of waiving fees for changes in flights due to medical necessity.

I keep my fingers crossed about the insurance and will keep working on them until they're sick of me. The tax write-off certainly will help though. I will make the most of it. It was a shame that when I put in my medical claim for my car accident (hit from behind while stopped in traffic), half went for the medical protocol that led up to this point, and the lawyer is cruising around on the other. I got some grocery money LOL.
C4/5 central and rightward bulging of disc and osteophyte causing mild right neural foramen stenosis narrowing and right lateral recess narrowing
C6/7 Central disc bulging and osteophyte and hypertrophy of ligamentum flavum canal stenosis and narrowing of bilateral neural foramina
Sept 9, 2013 Scheduled with Dr. Bierstedt C4/5 & C6/7 M6