Thread: L3 to S1 DDD
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian View Post
I be curious where this stem procedure is performed and what research, doctors etc.. From my understanding there is promising research on stem cells but who is doing it with success?
There hasn't been a double blind scientifically accurate study to my knowledge. To some extent there's medical ethics involved in that decision as the control group of the study would be getting intradiscal injections with something that wouldn't be anticipated to help if you wanted the study to produce convincing evidence that stem cells did work. As there's a known risk of getting intradiscal injections (see discussions on this board about discograms), that does put the control group at higher risk.

That said, there's anecdotal evidence (some people get the injections and improve). If your disk annulus is intact, it's worth investigating. Otherwise, the idea of using fibrin to seal a leaking disk is still pretty speculative with little prove that it will work. If you want to know more, feel free to PM me as I've already droned on endlessly about this on the board elsewhere.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog