View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 03:40 PM

Welcome everyone,

Here is my idea, for most of us the biggest problem has been getting the insurance companies to pay for ADR surgery. For many it has come down to appealing the insurance companies� decision. I would like to generate an appeal letter that has been worked on by the whole community. By doing this, we can gather more ideas, documentation and thoughts. The first thing we need to do is brain storm, having everyone submit their ideas and thoughts. Remembering no ideas are bad and none should be criticized!! This is very important or people will begin to be afraid to submit there ideas.

After we have decided what should be put in the appeal, documentation should be gathered to support the ideas. People can choose an area(s) that interest them or where they have already gathered good documentation. We should gather everything we can. My idea is not to make this a large document, but one with the effective points bulleted. So the more information we have, the better selection will be. As you enter your ideas and information assign it a number. This will make it easier for others to comment on. Just increment your number by one after the entry ahead of you. Again, remember this is just a brainstorming document. Please do not criticize anything!

After WE ALL have decided that we have all the information we need we can then try to assemble it. My idea is to not make this a huge document. I am a testing engineer and use different ways of submitting data. One of the ways is burry the information I don�t want to be noticed. An example of this would be, if you do not want something to be found, include it, but spread it out and cover it with fluff, I do not think this is what we want to do, and that is what can happen if a document gets to large. In my opinion, I think a document set up like a resume would be very effective. List all the facts up front and right to the point with references to the facts (incase they are questioned) in the later part of the document. We do not want them to just glance at it and then throw it aside. We are going to need someone or someone�s that have good writing skills to pull it all together. I can help draft it but I do not fell my writing skill are the best.

After we have the ruff draft together we need everyone to constructively comment on it. This should be done after each revision. If there is a disagreement on what should be put in and can not be resolved then I think Harrison should have the last voice in the matter but I don�t think this will be a problem. As a community we have a vast amount of expertise and knowledge to draw from. The last thing would be to have someone with legal knowledge to look it over. I real think this can be outstandingly effective and useful document.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for the work that you will put into this. For some the only reward will be that you have help our extended family, and for those that it help will extremely grateful

Dave
87 Lam 88 Lam no help. 11/12/04 was told I needed fusion at 2 levels L4/5 & S1/5, ADR Surgery date was 5/13/2013 with Dr. Bertagnoli had fusion on S1/L5 and ADR on L5/L4. it is now 8 years post surgery and do not even take an aspirin for my back.