View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 04:45 AM

Thanks Harrison. Yes, I know about the Gerson method. My mother-in-law's husband had cancer and they did this very strictly. Unfortunately it didn't work in his case but that was cancer and this is not. Over the last few days I have stopped taking my pain medication to really get a sense for where I'm at - and it's not good. I'm worse than I thought because the current pain medicine I'm on is working well for now. However, I'm worried that it will stop working just like all the other medicines I've tried. I have tried facet joint injections (fail), intense physical therapy (fail), narcotic pain medicine (fail due to tolerance), anti-inflamatories (fail). With a disc that is as collapsed as mine I just am not sure there is anything non-surgical that will give me the kind of relief I am looking for. I am only 34 years old with two young children (9 and 5) and I need to be able to better participate. I can barely bend over to grab a baseball my son throws low. If I try anything other than sitting around it's temporary and I hurt. I want to be able to participate in an active lifestyle.
1/2008 - herniated opposite side of L5/S1
3/2008 - L5/S1 diskectomy/laminectomy; L4/L5 laminectomy
2008-Today - injections, pain medicine, physical therapy, naturopathic meds, spine stimulator, traction - nothing works
Today - considering ADR surgery w/ Dr. Delamarter scheduled for 2/21/2011