Thread: New to DDD
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 01:04 PM

Hi John,

The tax thing is great to know... if I ever elect to get something done out of the country. It's working up to getting something done that is the tough part, eh? I just read some of Harrison's info on biofilms - now I'm even more iffy about getting something like an ADR done. LOL I knew infections were a risk, but those biofilms sound horrible!

As for pain, I don't know that mine is even a 1/4 compared to what most of the people on here are going through. I'm ok off pain killers as long as I don't bend and twist too much and take breaks every hour or so from sitting. It's just the tingles and numbness that are scaring me. Quite honestly, I feel selfish for even looking into ADR when I read about some of the problems some other unfortunate people are going through on these boards. I'm just trying to play with my kid(s) and do some sports again and I'm not entirely sure ADR will even do the trick for that. OR if the benefits outweigh the risks.

I pinged TBI to get an opinion as per your recco and JSS'. Like Jstuckey, I'm pretty set on Mr. Boeree if I go for surgery. Clavel was awesome too, but Boeree was a little cheaper and exceptionally responsive/compassionate. They are both eminently qualified as far as I'm concerned. I also love going to London! Can't beat the local brews.

As a side note, I requested a copy of my last bone scan, because I assume they show densities... am I correct? I want to make absolutely sure my bones are up to the task should I choose to ADR it up. For any of you on the other side, did you bother going through metal allergy tests beforehand? I'd like to have all my ducks in a row if I'm going to make a move.

Thanks again for all the insight, guys.

Last edited by banhorn; 04-20-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling errors