Thread: New to DDD
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 03:17 PM

Default Tx back and Mr Boerre

I still need to post my experience with surgery and recovery. Doing pretty well so far after a week out. I am probably doing a little more than I should, but feeling pretty good overall. Just some muscle pain between my shoulder blades and in my shoulders, which is normal and should go away with time, and it is already getting better.

I had a hybrid fusion/ADR at c6/7 c5/6 performed by Dr Blumenthal at tx back.I am quite happy with my choice of surgeon, and the hospital staff was wonderful.

Also, I wanted to chime in that I spoke with Mr Boeree and he was very helpful (the only other opinion that confirmed my Dr.s opinion, so he really helped put my mind at ease).

He is a delightful person, and I am sure he is a wonderful surgeon. The factors that Led me to decide to go with tx back were the skill of my surgeon, that i would likely end up with a hybrid in England as well, and the issue of follow up care (and the fact that insurance would cover my tx procedure and timing was an issue as my quality of life was becoming quite low).

You should be in good hands if you decide to go the Boeree route though.

DAnn
C6-7 disc moderately to markedly narrowed, mild retrolisthesis of c6 on c7 producing effacement of the thecal sac but no cord impingement, mild narrowing of left neural foramen;
c5-6 disc moderately narrowed, anterior and posterior disc bulge with mild anterior cord impingement;
c4-5 disc intact and normal height, potential posterior annular fissure.
Cervical hybrid surgery in Texas April 12, 2011, fusion at C6/7, Prodisc C at C5/6