View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 11:59 AM

When my surgeon spoke with Cigna regarding my hybrid adr at l2-l3 fusion l3-s1..and explained there would be less recovery time and less cost than the fusion the independant medical review "guy" replied...and I quote.....
"that does not matter"
I wish you the best in your fight.
I ended up having a fusion l2-s1 4 level and it has been a long road but so far doing ok so there is life after fusion.
I was declined the adr due to the hybrid application and being outside the fda criteria since adr at level l2-l3.
The boss of my department was also going thru a similar appeal for a prestige cervical disk one level only and met all the fda criteria. He was initially declined. He had the VP of our company intervene after giving him a thourough report of the benefits of adr over fusion in his situation. He was ultimately approved and Cigna paid for a one level prestige device I believe c5-c6.
Just goes to show even the same carrier for the same employees can come up with a different decision based on the facts. Keep up the good fight.
Coll
severe ddd for 10+ years tried every conservative therapy avail denied hybrid adr l2/l3 combined w fusion 3 appeals