View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 AM

Dear Tigerpaw,
Welcome to the website. I am sorry for you and your wife. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you about your situation. There are so many people going the medical tourism route. The number of cases your Indian surgeon has is definately a huge plus. One of the most important things to consider is who will care for her here.

I had a one level ADR at TBI about four weeks ago. My insurance does not cover ADR, but I was lucky enough to enroll in the Freedom trial. My experience there was better than I could ever imagine. On the other hand, I get what you are saying about the run around. That is very frustrating and sends a bad message. I wish you could find the name of a Big Cheese there and get the swift attention you deserve.

Hopefully someone will chime in soon about the hemilaminectomy. I am not that familiar with the procedure. I know if there was some bone removed it is usually a contraindication for ADR.

Good luck with your decision making. Both options look good. You guys will probably have some kind of a gut feeling about which is best for you.
CD
LBP for 2 to 3 years-much worse since April '09
44 visits to chiro in 6 months
PT & ESI (failed)
Discography/CT -positive at L4-L5, annular tear & bulge
three denials from UnitedHealthcare for ADR
Surgery 2/18/10-Freedom Lumbar disc L4/L5